Tuesday 11 January 2011

Audience Feedback to Music Video plan.

In order to glean whether our music video will be successful upon production, my parter and I asked our target audience the following questions. We wanted to know if "indie" music listeners would be interested in watching the video, and if it sounded like a realistic and interesting idea. We also wanted to know if there would be any improvements that could be made, so that the finished product is as professional as possible.

1. Would you recognise this as an 'indie' video?
"Yes, I like the twist on the normal love story by using mimes"
"I think so, the vintage filters will make it look a bit different and isn't something you would see in the mainstream"
"I like the idea of the flashbacks, I think that makes it a bit indie because it's diverse"

2. Do you feel the video is aimed at your age range and would appeal to people of your age?
"I think it is definitely aimed at our age range, perhaps people from about sixteen to twenty, maybe a bit older"
"Yes I think it's definitely targeted at a teenage/young adult audience, I don't think older people would listen to this"

3. Does this video sound like the sort of video you'd see on the television?
"It sounds like the sort of video you'd see on the music channel 'NME', because it's a bit quirky"
"I don't think you would see it on mainstream video channels, but definitely more alternative ones"
"Yes, it also looks like the sort of video that would be very popular on the internet"

4. Would you watch it?
"It looks quite arty and that interests me"
"Yes I would, I like the band and the video looks interesting"
"Yes, I think the mime's would draw people in because it's unusual"

5. How would you improve it?
"Possibly have more variety in the flashbacks because the same ones are repeated quite a lot"
"I'm not sure, I like the ideas you already have"

After asking members of my target audience these questions, I feel optimistic about our music video and that it will appeal to "indie" music listeners. I agree with the comment "Possibly have more variety in the flashbacks because the same ones are repeated quite a lot", and as a result of this my partner and I will brainstorm more ideas for flashbacks that will correspond with the rest of the music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment